Remote Office Hours from Shearwater Health
The Shearwater nurse recruitment and staffing team is starting something new. I am setting aside time each week when anyone can call and talk about any topic. As the leader of this team, it’s easy to keep my schedule full for the week, but I wanted to intentionally block out time to connect with those outside of our office.
I’m excited about the opportunity to connect with employees, nurses in process, and anyone else with an interest to express opinions and ask questions.
Here’s how it will work:
- Every Friday from 8:00-10:00am Central Standard Time, you can call +1 (615) 921 9619 and that will route you directly to my office.
- You can talk about anything you want. The only rule is that our conversation will be limited to 10 minutes to allow others the chance to call in as well.
- If you call and it goes to voicemail, then that means I am speaking with someone else. You can call back or leave a message. If the other conversation ends and no one else calls, I will listen to the voicemail and call you back.
- ANYONE can call.
This approach may strike you as unusual, but it has its roots in an American tradition. When I was in college (university), each professor of a course would set aside time outside of classroom lectures where students could show up to discuss anything they wanted. It was a great mechanism for students to seek advice, ask questions, and enhance their experience. In our case, we want the learning to go both ways. Not only do I want to share, but I want to learn what is on your mind.
I am blocking my calendar for this, and I hope you will too. Here are some things to consider calling about:
- A question about our strategy
- Comments about how we’ve done (if you work for us or are in process): good, bad, or other
- Suggestions on what we can do to improve
- Questions about the political landscape
- Clinical questions about how we work
- Anything else!
Give it a try. Call in and let’s chat! Talk to you on Friday.