This position will work in direct coordination with the Vice President of Clinical Services and the Nurse Recruitment team to ensure the highest quality nurse candidates are (1) interviewed in a timely manner and (2) appropriately prepared to be successful working in the role as a U.S. nurse. This position will also be included in leading and participating in projects involving both new implementation and process improvement. This position is located in Nashville, Tennessee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Unencumbered, active Registered Nurse Licensure in any U.S. state.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working as a U.S. RN in various U.S. hospitals.
- Experience mentoring junior nurses.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitor own work to ensure quality and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to be at work and on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to work independently and in team collaboration, including outside of traditional work hours.
- Ability to utilize multiple technology platforms for video conferencing.
- Passion for nursing and improvement of healthcare globally.
- Ability to understand international nursing practice and how those skills can be applied to U.S. practice.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel (up to 33%)
- Experience interviewing and hiring nurses to work in a hospital role.
- Experience managing nurses on day to day basis.
- Experience working as a nurse in a Critical Care role.
- Experience working in a variety of hospital settings e.g. University Hospital, small community hospital, large hospital network, etc.
- Experience working in a variety of units/department e.g. ICU, ER, Medical-Surgical, L&D, etc.
- International nursing experience and/or knowledge.
Job Specific Tasks:
- Conduct Clinical Interview for nurse candidates from around the world via video conference, telephone, or in-person.
- Summarize interview and determine pass/fail.
- Identify nurse knowledge gaps and provide feedback for improvement and growth.
- Collaborate with recruitment team to ensure appropriateness of candidates interviewed.
- Continually evaluate processes for improvement.
- Create resumes for international nurses for submission to hospital clients.
- Aid in remediation efforts for any nurse whose performance is noted to be subpar.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and planning sessions.
- Develop and ensure core competencies in internationally educated nurses so that they have the technical, interpersonal, critical-thinking/clinical reasoning, and professional practice environment skills to safely and efficiently provide care on a U.S. healthcare team.
- Flexibility and desire to travel domestically to aid in nurse arrival as well as internationally to perform on-site nurse interviews.
About Our Culture:
At Shearwater Health, we are fueled by the ability to create a win-win-win scenario in the marketplace:
- We help hospitals achieve improved nurse staffing levels through the placement of caring, international nurses, and that creates a win for the patient.
- Our nurses care for patients passionately and competently, and that gives our client hospitals peace of mind, a win for them.
- Our international nurses have the opportunity to increase earning potential by more than 10x, this is a win for the nurse and the nurse’s family.
Our team considers it a tremendous privilege to participate in transforming lives in this way.
This is more than a job, making it easy to get out of bed on a Monday morning!
We are a nimble team, with virtually no red tape and a keen interest in what is possible – we take risks, we try new initiatives, and we have been rewarded with significant growth.
Our people have the opportunity to take on new challenges in a way that is not available in most other companies. We value career development, and we achieve this not through emphasizing courses, certifications, and personality tests, but by giving our people an opportunity to lead, manage new projects, and get results.
Shearwater Health (formerly HCCA International) pursues a mission of improving healthcare outcomes globally. Founded in 1973, we have continually developed our clinical staff to meet the needs of healthcare providers, payers, and any company with needs that require skilled clinical experience.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, we credential, provide visa authorization for and employ international nurses at U.S. hospitals and partner with international hospitals and organizations to cultivate a supply of skilled nurses around the world. We also have over 1,700 clinicians in our URAC-accredited facilities in the Philippines that operate in remote teams for our clients. We couple our clinical expertise with Six Sigma business experts and Robotic Process Automation to improve outcomes and lower costs.
We want our hospital clients to love contracting our international nurses as a part of their strategy to achieve an outstanding patient experience and an improved nurse retention plan. AND we want them to experience how meaningful it is to give an international nurse the opportunity to have a career in the U.S.
To do that, we have a team that is passionate about recruiting, credentialing, training, and leading international nurses from around the world to work in the U.S.
One of our team members recently described her job working at Shearwater Health: “My work makes me feel like I am playing a part in changing the lives of our nurses, along with their families. This gives me a great amount of determination to work hard to make that difference that they all deserve.” And a client recently told us, “The experience of interviewing nurses in the Philippines is something that I loved and have always remembered.”
We are building an amazing team, and when you join this resourceful, enthusiastic, hard-working group, you will have:
• A competitive salary
• Health insurance
• 401(k) with match
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation and sick time
• The opportunity to stretch your wings and build your career in a rewarding, life changing, unforgettable way.