Vice President, Payer Sales
Title: Vice President, Payer Sales
Type of Employment: Full Time
Location: Nashville, TN (Remote Optional)
Due to a shortage of clinicians and medical coders in the United States, it has been difficult for healthcare organizations to scale. Shearwater provides offshore clinical process outsourcing and nurse recruitment services to payers. More specifically, the company offers teams of remote and onsite clinicians and medical coders that expand the size and impact of its client’s clinical teams. In the last decade, Shearwater Health created a new outsourcing model focused solely on healthcare, called Clinical Process Outsourcing (CPO®), that has securely delivered quality and efficiency improvements, along with tens of millions of dollars of annual cost reduction.
In this highly visible role, the Vice President of Payer Sales will identify business opportunities to drive growth. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the successful candidate will employ “hunter” sales techniques to penetrate This individual must bring an in-depth understanding of the complexity of the healthcare ecosystem and use a value-driven and highly consultative approach to forge and advance customer partnerships to drive recurring revenue.
Accomplished individual contributor will demonstrate a track record of achieving sales quotas in building pipeline while closing large, complex healthcare services deals with the Top 50 group health insurance companies. Deep relationships within the payer quality and/or clinical leadership teams with proven recent consultative sales expertise. Comfortable working with C-level executives and the ability to influence both financial and clinical opinions to support a sale. Understands how to leverage networks and how to identify promising partners and gain an audience through effective consultative selling.
This position requires access to well-networked senior decision makers of commercial payers and an ability to secure meetings with prospective customers while serving as both a trusted advisor and thought leader. Established experience selling outsourced clinical solutions focused on revenue maximization in the commercial health plan and clinical solutions healthcare services space to C-suite executives such as the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and VP Quality in addition to other key decision-makers. Deep understanding of the healthcare economics/mechanics of value-based care (i.e. HEDIS abstraction, Utilization Management, Payment Integrity, risk adjustment services, CMS program solutions). Ideally has worked for a global company.
- Develop and execute a sales strategy achieving defined revenue goals focused on net new accounts
- Deliver a deep professional network of key decision makers within the payer arena
- Embrace full accountability for the development and execution of pipeline
- Promote Shearwater as a “partner of choice” and serve as a thought leader and consultant to clients in a dynamic market where a “one size fits all” approach is not effective
- Implement business plans at targeted accounts that support both short and long-term revenue plans
- Forge and advance customer partnerships at the senior leadership and C-suite level which will put the client at the forefront and simultaneously advance Shearwater’s business objectives
- Create compelling business cases for clients and shape key company materials such as LinkedIn posts, pitch decks, and case studies
- Maintain a pulse on the changing healthcare ecosystem and the competitive landscape
- Communicate up-to-date and meaningful analyses and insights regarding trends, opportunities, and market intelligence to leadership and operations
- Act as a steward of culture to deliver the Shearwater “experience” to both internal and external stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned.
Performance and Success Measures:
- Achieve annual revenue goals for the payer segment (insurance companies, ACOs, etc.)
- Increase company brand awareness in the market and deliver Shearwater experience to all prospective clients through professional social media channels
- Within the first 6 months build up a personal pipeline equating to 50% of the annual quota at/or above 50% probability of closure
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in executive-level consultative sales to commercial health plans
- Strong success as an individual contributor selling outsourced clinical solutions into payers
- Computer skills (Microsoft applications) with strength in Excel, PPT and Word as well as planning and CRM programs (Salesforce)
- Documented experience delivering services that are conducted offshore, preferred.
- Strong competency in outsourced clinical services with a clear understanding of data points across the enterprise and keen ability to consult with C-suite leadership to identify ways to increase net revenue, accelerate cash flow and reduce cost
- Extremely strong influencer and collaborator with robust negotiation skills, business acumen and analytical prowess; demonstrated success in negotiating, executing and implementing contracts
- Demonstrated ability to execute innovative, comprehensive and successful sales strategies.
- Ability to take ownership and initiative and bring a solutions-oriented approach.
- Indisputable integrity and reputation, with a track record of delivering results while maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct
- Thrives in a dynamic, high-growth environment. Must be creative and have a sense of humor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a willingness to create content for white papers, social media posts and/or webinars.
- A competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- The opportunity to build your career in a rewarding and unforgettable way