Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Type of Employment: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Administration / Corporate Controller
Location: Nashville, TN
The Payroll & Benefits Administration is responsible for all aspects of the Payroll & Benefits Administration department, including: Benefits, Payroll, Onboarding, Leave of Absences, Terminations Processing, Vendor Relations and all required reporting.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years’ experience in Payroll & Benefits Administration field
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience in Payroll & Benefits Administration field
- Works with provider to source benefits vendors, reviews on a yearly basis to ensure best rates and coverage for all plans
- Manage yearly open enrollment
- Daily point of contact for all employee benefits related questions
- Update new hires and terminations in payroll system and vendor system.
- Reviews and processes payroll biweekly for nurse and corporate staff
- Selects and manages payroll vendor relationship
- Daily point of contact for all employee payroll related questions
- Responsible for all payroll tax form distribution
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all payroll information
- Onboard all corporate new hires
- Onboard nurses in payroll system and record all appropriate new hire deductions
Leave of Absence:
- Manage FMLA and medical leave of absence program for all employees
- Complete & retain proper documentation of leaves and appropriate payroll administration
- Point of contact for all FMLA and medical leave questions
- Manage relationship with benefits vendors and providers
- Report requested information to management and executive team as requested
- Manage annual government reporting included but not limited to ACA, BLS, WC audits, and various state agencies
About Our Culture:
At Shearwater Health, we are fueled by the ability to create a win-win-win scenario in the marketplace:
- We help hospitals achieve improved nurse staffing levels through the placement of caring, international nurses, and that creates a win for the patient.
- Our nurses care for patients passionately and competently, and that gives our client hospitals peace of mind, a win for them.
- Our international nurses have the opportunity to increase earning potential by more than 10x, this is a win for the nurse and the nurse’s family.
Our team considers it a tremendous privilege to participate in transforming lives in this way.
This is more than a job, making it easy to get out of bed on a Monday morning!
We are a nimble team, with virtually no red tape and a keen interest in what is possible – we take risks, we try new initiatives, and we have been rewarded with significant growth.
Our people have the opportunity to take on new challenges in a way that is not available in most other companies. We value career development, and we achieve this not through emphasizing courses, certifications, and personality tests, but by giving our people an opportunity to lead, manage new projects, and get results.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, we credential, provide visa authorization for and employ international nurses at U.S. hospitals and partner with international hospitals and organizations to cultivate a supply of skilled nurses around the world. We also have over 1,700 clinicians in our URAC-accredited facilities in the Philippines that operate in remote teams for our clients.
We want our hospital clients to love contracting our international nurses as a part of their strategy to achieve an outstanding patient experience and an improved nurse retention plan. AND we want them to experience how meaningful it is to give an international nurse the opportunity to have a career in the U.S.
To do that, we have a team that is passionate about recruiting, credentialing, training, and leading international nurses from around the world to work in the U.S.
One of our team members recently described her job working at Shearwater Health: “My work makes me feel like I am playing a part in changing the lives of our nurses, along with their families. This gives me a great amount of determination to work hard to make that difference that they all deserve.” And a client recently told us, “The experience of interviewing nurses in the Philippines is something that I loved and have always remembered.”
We are building an amazing team, and when you join this resourceful, enthusiastic, hard-working group, you will have:
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
The opportunity to stretch your wings and build your career in a rewarding, life-changing, unforgettable way!