Manager of Clinical Education
This position will work in direct coordination with the Director of Nurse Performance and the Nurse Recruitment team to ensure that international nurse candidates are appropriately prepared for successful U.S. nursing careers. This position will provide education to international nurses abroad and within the U.S. This position will both lead and participate in projects involving new implementation and process improvement. This position is in Nashville, Tennessee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Unencumbered, active Registered Nurse Licensure in any U.S. state.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and/or Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) required.
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a U.S. RN in various U.S. hospitals.
- Experience mentoring junior nurses.
- Passion for lifelong learning and development with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to monitor own work to ensure quality and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to maintain punctuality, follow instructions, respond to management direction, and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to work independently and in team collaboration, sometimes outside of traditional work hours.
- Ability to utilize multiple technology platforms for video conferencing.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and various LMS platforms.
- Passion for nursing and improvement of healthcare globally.
- Ability to understand the international nursing practice and how those skills can be applied to U.S. practice.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel (up to 33%)
- Experience interviewing and hiring nurses to work in a hospital role.
- Experience managing nurses on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience working as a nurse in a Critical Care role.
- Experience creating and administering educational material
- Experience working in a variety of hospital settings e.g. University Hospital, small community hospital, large hospital network, etc.
- Experience working in a variety of units/departments e.g. ICU, ER, Medical-Surgical, L&D, etc.
- International nursing experience and/or knowledge.
Job Specific Tasks:
- Conduct Clinical Interviews for nurse candidates from across the globe via video conference, telephone, or in-person.
- Promote critical thinking among nurses and identify growth opportunities and educational needs for nurses.
- Identify nurse knowledge gaps and provide feedback for improvement and growth.
- Collaborate with recruitment team to ensure appropriateness of candidates interviewed.
- Continually evaluate processes for improvement.
- Aid in remediation efforts for any nurse whose performance is noted to be subpar.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and planning sessions.
- Teach and provide training to nurses throughout each phase of the contract.
- Serve as a mentor and identify growth opportunities and educational needs.
- Develop and ensure core competencies in internationally educated nurses so that they have the technical, interpersonal, critical thinking/clinical reasoning, and professional practice environment skills to provide care safely and efficiently on a U.S. healthcare team.
- Develop Performance Improvement Plans in collaboration with Nurse Managers for clinical improvement.
- Conduct on-site coaching and mentoring as needed.
- Research and remain up to date on clinical practice.
- Maintain flexibility to travel domestically to aid in nurse arrival as well as internationally to perform on-site nurse interviews.
About Our Culture:
At Shearwater Health, we are fueled by the ability to create a win-win-win scenario in the marketplace:
- We help hospitals achieve improved nurse staffing levels through the placement of caring, international nurses, and that creates a win for the patient.
- Our nurses care for patients passionately and competently, and that gives our client hospitals peace of mind, a win for them.
- Our international nurses have the opportunity to increase earning potential by more than 10x, this is a win for the nurse and the nurse’s family.
Our team considers it a tremendous privilege to participate in transforming lives in this way.
This is more than a job, making it easy to get out of bed on a Monday morning!
We are a nimble team, with virtually no red tape and a keen interest in what is possible – we take risks, we try new initiatives, and we have been rewarded with significant growth.
Our people have the opportunity to take on new challenges in a way that is not available in most other companies. We value career development, and we achieve this not through emphasizing courses, certifications, and personality tests, but by giving our people an opportunity to lead, manage new projects, and get results.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, we credential, provide visa authorization for and employ international nurses at U.S. hospitals and partner with international hospitals and organizations to cultivate a supply of skilled nurses around the world. We also have over 1,700 clinicians in our URAC-accredited facilities in the Philippines that operate in remote teams for our clients.
We want our hospital clients to love contracting our international nurses as a part of their strategy to achieve an outstanding patient experience and an improved nurse retention plan. AND we want them to experience how meaningful it is to give an international nurse the opportunity to have a career in the U.S.
To do that, we have a team that is passionate about recruiting, credentialing, training, and leading international nurses from around the world to work in the U.S.
One of our team members recently described her job working at Shearwater Health: “My work makes me feel like I am playing a part in changing the lives of our nurses, along with their families. This gives me a great amount of determination to work hard to make that difference that they all deserve.” And a client recently told us, “The experience of interviewing nurses in the Philippines is something that I loved and have always remembered.”
We are building an amazing team, and when you join this resourceful, enthusiastic, hard-working group, you will have:
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- The opportunity to stretch your wings and build your career in a rewarding, life-changing, unforgettable way!