Manager, Clinical Education
This position will work in direct coordination with the Director of Clinical Services and the Nurse Recruitment team to ensure the highest quality nurse candidates are appropriately prepared to be successful working in the role as a U.S. nurse. This position will also be included in leading and participating in projects involving both new implementation and process improvement. This position is located in Nashville, Tennessee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Unencumbered, active Registered Nurse Licensure in any U.S. state.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a U.S. RN in various U.S. hospitals.
- Experience mentoring junior nurses.
- Passion for lifelong learning and development with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitor own work to ensure quality and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to be at work and on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to work independently and in team collaboration, including outside of traditional work hours.
- Ability to utilize multiple technology platforms for video conferencing.
- Passion for nursing and improvement of healthcare globally.
- Ability to understand international nursing practice and how those skills can be applied to U.S. practice.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel (up to 33%)
- Experience interviewing and hiring nurses to work in a hospital role.
- Experience managing nurses on day to day basis.
- Experience working as a nurse in a Critical Care role.
- Experience creating educational material
- Experience facilitating educational material
- Experience working in a variety of hospital settings e.g. University Hospital, small community hospital, large hospital network, etc.
- Experience working in a variety of units/department e.g. ICU, ER, Medical-Surgical, L&D, etc.
- Experience in a teaching setting.
- International nursing experience and/or knowledge.
Job Specific Tasks:
- Conduct Clinical Interviews for nurse candidates from around the world via video conference, telephone, or in-person
- Promote critical thinking among nurses and identify growth opportunities and educational needs for nurses.
- Identify nurse knowledge gaps and provide feedback for improvement and growth.
- Collaborate with recruitment team to ensure appropriateness of candidates interviewed.
- Continually evaluate processes for improvement.
- Create resumes for international nurses for submission to hospital clients.
- Aid in remediation efforts for any nurse whose performance is noted to be subpar.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and planning sessions.
- Design and continuously improve and adapt curriculum depending on educational needs.
- Teach and provide training to nurses throughout each phase of the contract.
- Serve as a mentor and identify growth opportunities and educational needs.
- Develop and ensure core competencies in internationally educated nurses so that they have the technical, interpersonal, clinical reasoning, and professional practice skills to safely and efficiently provide care on a U.S. healthcare team.
- Develop Performance Improvement Plans in collaboration with Hospital Nurse Managers for clinical improvement.
- Conduct on-site coaching and mentoring as needed.
- Flexibility and desire to travel domestically to aid in nurse arrival as well as internationally to perform on-site nurse interviews.
About Our Culture:
We get to create a win-win-win scenario in the marketplace:
- We help hospitals achieve improved nurse staffing levels through the placement of caring, international nurses; a win for the patient.
- Our clinicians overseas work 24/7 to ensure our patient needs in the U.S. are met through diligent Utilization Management, Health Coaching, HEDIS Gap Closure, Coding, Clinical Documentation Improvement, etc.
We are a nimble team, with virtually no red tape and a keen interest in what is possible.
Our people have the opportunity to take on new challenges in a way that is not available in most other companies. We value career development and achieve this not through emphasizing courses, certifications, and personality tests, but by giving our people an opportunity to lead, manage new projects, and get results.
Check us out on YouTube – we dare you!
We are building an amazing team, and when you join this resourceful, enthusiastic, hard-working group, you will have:
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- The opportunity to stretch your wings and build your career in a rewarding, life changing, unforgettable way.
Because of a shortage of clinicians, it's difficult to scale healthcare organizations. Shearwater Health provides teams of remote and onsite clinicians that expand the size and impact of clinical teams, so that clients can focus on internal teams practicing at the peak of their license.
From bedside to back-office, there are over 3,000 Shearwater clinicians solving medical and administrative problems every hour of every day all over the world. We couple our clinical expertise with Six Sigma business experts and Robotic Process Automation to improve outcomes and lower costs.
To be successful in our overarching solution to expand the size and impact of U.S. clinical teams both on-site in hospitals and off-shore in the Philippines, we cultivate a dedicated team passionate about finding the right talent and providing that talent with the right tools and training to provide quality work and care.