Human Resources and Payroll Generalist
About Shearwater Health:
Shearwater Health is the expert at providing global healthcare solutions for their partners that improve their service deliveries while lowering costs of operations. The company utilizes their unique Global Healthcare Solutions Model to provide onsite clinical solutions in the U.S. while also delivering remote clinical and administrative services at scale, known as clinical process outsourcing (CPO®). With a concentrated focus on the healthcare market, Shearwater combines their clinical expertise and business acumen to assist their clients in delivering better outcomes and care.
About the Role:
We are looking for an exceptional, driven and highly dedicated Human Resources and Payroll Generalist. The Human Resources and Payroll Generalist will play an integral role in our continued growth and success.
Under the supervision of the US Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources and Payroll Generalist is responsible for a variety of Human Resources and Payroll daily operations for our Nurse Recruiting team, including resolving payroll disputes, payroll processing, HRIS management, assisting with benefits administration as well as Human Resources reporting and special projects.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who is passionate about human resources and has the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, while also prioritizing a diverse workload.
This position will be based in Nashville, TN.
- Perform benefits administration to include new hire onboarding, answering benefits inquiries, change reporting and assisting with reviewing invoices for payment
- Partner with the nurse recruiting team to ensure that employee questions and concerns are resolved in a timely manner
- Assist with employee processing of terminations, employee salary & status changes, and other updates in the payroll system, benefits management system, and other relevant systems
- Administration and tracking of leaves of absence (FMLA, LTD/STD, Workers Comp, etc.)
- Act as back-up to the Office Manager and Payroll Specialist to process bi-weekly payroll
- Partner with the Office Manager and Payroll Specialist to maintain a payroll tracker that updates bonuses, leaves, terminations and sick pay for each payroll period
- Key employee time, bonuses and incentives into HRIS system
- Review timesheets for accuracy and completion, including following up with employees
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws, taxes, and best practices
- Assist with employee and background check verifications
- Manage year-end employee W-2 and employer ACA reporting for nurse recruitment in conjunction with the Finance and Human Resources Team
- Complete and process new tax code requests in conjunction with Finance
- Reinforce company culture and values to support a positive work environment and foster morale among staff
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all employee and proprietary company information
- Participate in special projects and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two (2) years proven experience as a Human Resources Generalist and payroll representative
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of Federal, State, and District employment laws, taxes, and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of payroll processing including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Proficient with payroll software and HRIS
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification desired but not required
- Payroll certification desired but not required
- Skilled in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint & Word) and Google Docs
- A high degree of discretion, professional ethics, and judgment in confidential matters and information
- Ability to communicate the Shearwater Health culture and support an engaged work environment
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication, excellent customer service
- Ability to analyze problems, gather pertinent data and recommend solutions.
- Ability to maintain composure and good judgment when dealing with deadlines, dissatisfied employees, or a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities as needed.
- Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach