Client Services Specialist
About the Position:
The position is based in Nashville, TN.
The Client Services Specialist will be responsible for facilitating the successful transition of international nurses to various client sites in the U.S. and recruiting and screening international nurses who apply with Shearwater. The position interacts with international nurses at various stages of preparing to receive a visa and serves as a resource to them as they transition to the U.S. and complete their contract with Shearwater. The position carries out existing workflows for recruitment, traveling to welcome the nurse and ensuring the nurse is successful in the U.S. The right candidate will take the initiative to improve processes and achieve key performance indicators for operational targets, along with other supporting tasks.
The position requires travel to the US client sites to greet international nurses as they immigrate to the US and helping them become oriented to the United States and the hospital in which they will work. The position should expect to travel approximately 30-50%.
The ideal candidate is detail oriented, personable, a self-starter, and excited to work in a dynamic, fast paced, and growing work environment. The ideal candidate is also passionate about interacting with cultures very different from the United States.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of experience in a recruitment or service-oriented role
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Passionate about international cultural environments
- Passionate about helping and serving people
- Ability to anticipate problems and identify solutions
As the Client Services Specialist you will:
- Plan and execute “nurse arrivals” which include arranging housing and utilities, preparing and completing new-hire onboarding and paperwork, serving as liaison between the nurse and the client, and generally helping the nurse become oriented to the United States and the hospital in which they will work.
- Serve as a resource to the nurse throughout the duration of their contract with Shearwater and ensure they maintain the credentials and meet the performance standards required by their client.
- Assist in the recruitment of nurses through screening the resumes of applicants, completing interviews with qualified candidates, and providing detailed explanation of the services provided by Shearwater Health.
- Assist and manage various other projects as assigned.
About Our Culture:
We get to create a win-win-win scenario:
We help hospitals achieve improved nurse staffing levels through the placement of caring, international nurses; a win for the patient.
Our nurses care for patients passionately and competently, and that gives our client hospitals peace of mind; a win for them.
Our international nurses have the opportunity to increase earning potential by more than 10x; a win for the nurse and the nurse’s family.
Our team considers it a tremendous privilege to transform lives in this way. This is more than a job, thus making it easy to get out of bed on a Monday morning!
We are a nimble team, with virtually no red tape and a keen interest in what is possible.
Our people have the opportunity to take on new challenges in a way that is not available in most other companies. We value career development, and achieve this not through emphasizing courses, certifications, and personality tests, but by giving our people an opportunity to lead, manage new projects, and get results.
Check us out on YouTube – we dare you!
One of our team members recently described her job working at Shearwater Health: “My work makes me feel like I am playing a part in changing the lives of our nurses, along with their families. This gives me a great amount of determination to work hard to make that difference that they all deserve.” And a client recently told us, “The experience of interviewing nurses in the Philippines is something that I loved and have always remembered.”
We are building an amazing team, and when you join this resourceful, enthusiastic, hard-working group, you will have:
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- The opportunity to stretch your wings and build your career in a rewarding, life changing, unforgettable way.
Shearwater Health (formerly HCCA International) pursues a mission of improving healthcare outcomes globally. Founded in 1973, we have continually developed our clinical staff to meet the needs of healthcare providers, payers, and any company with needs that require skilled clinical experience.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, we credential, provide visa authorization for, and employ international nurses at U.S. hospitals and partner with international hospitals and organizations to cultivate a supply of skilled nurses around the world. We have over 2,000 clinicians in our URAC-accredited facilities in the Philippines that operate in remote teams for our clients. We couple our clinical expertise with Six Sigma business experts and Robotic Process Automation to improve outcomes and lower costs.
We want our hospital clients to love contracting our international nurses as a part of their strategy to achieve an outstanding patient experience and an improved nurse retention plan. AND we want them to experience how meaningful it is to give an international nurse the opportunity to have a career in the U.S.
To do that, we have a team that is passionate about recruiting, credentialing, training, and leading international nurses from around the world to work in the U.S.