Can you help a fast-growing company that is rapidly hiring nurses from all over the world define its clinical strategy?
Do you believe that a nurse is indispensable to patient outcomes, and that internationally trained nurses make a significant, positive impact on the U.S. hospital system?
Can you prepare U.S. CNOs and nurse managers to take on international nurses?
Can you coach international nurses with great skill and empathy to deliver outstanding patient care in the U.S.?
If this sounds like you, then read on…
About the Position:
The Clinical Director is the nursing Subject Matter Expert that leads the charge on interviewing and selecting nurses from around the world. This individual ensures that our nurses are matched appropriately with U.S. hospitals so that nurse performance exceeds client expectations and the patient experience is outstanding.
This position is located in Nashville, TN.
• A proven track record leading teams of nurses in a hospital setting.
• Mentored new nurses to get them up to speed and performing well in your units.
• Demonstrated operational excellence, creating reports and achieving and tracking goals.
• Written procedure manuals.
• Designed education programming for staff nurses.
• Savvy to navigate social media tools for domestic and international communication.
• Quantifiably improved patient outcomes and efficiency in a leadership setting.
• Interviewed and hired nurses who have subsequently performed admirably in their units.
• Contributed to shifting from FFS to value based care.
• Worked in a for-profit hospital or military hospital setting.
• Desire to travel internationally and the flexibility it requires.
• Willingness to travel nationally 25% of the time.
• Led at least two nursing units simultaneously.
• Awareness of cultural hurdles and adjustments that may affect international RNs, and the empathy to mentor and support them in this important transition.
• A big heart for nurses, for patients, and for healthcare in general.
• 5+ years of nursing management experience.
• A BSN
• An active RN license
As the Clinical Director you will:
• Oversee clinical standards, worldwide.
• Interview and select international nurses, remotely and globally.
• Meet with/speak at international nursing schools, hospitals, and/or with government leaders to help facilitate recruitment.
• Provide guidance for clinical personnel, ensuring nurse selection criteria meets clinical standards.
• Determine international nurse placement opportunities in domestic markets.
• Serve as the subject matter expert for sales teams and participate in U.S. sales calls/visits in order to secure orders from U.S. client hospitals.
• Partner with leadership to utilize positive nurse performance evaluation data in marketing strategies.
• Develop and ensure core competencies in internationally educated nurses so that they have the technical, interpersonal, critical-thinking/clinical reasoning, and professional practice environment skills to safely and efficiently provide care on a U.S. healthcare team.
• Design pre-travel clinical and acculturation competencies program for international nurses.
• Cultivate and help manage client clinical relationships with U.S. client hospitals’ leadership, including CNOs and nurse managers
• Collaborate with client hospitals for essential orientation and onboarding.
• Design performance improvement plans for nurses under contract, as needed.
• Designing, implementing, and overseeing a continuing education program for nurses, including options such as webinars and local events; providing the education programs and/or selecting/supervising faculty for these programs.
Shearwater Health (formerly HCCA International) pursues a mission of expanding nursing capacity worldwide. Founded in 1973, we have continually developed our clinical staff to meet the needs of healthcare providers, payers, and any company with needs that require skilled clinical experience.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, we credential, provide visa authorization for and employ international nurses at U.S. hospitals and partner with international hospitals and organizations to cultivate a supply of skilled nurses around the world. We also have over 1,700 clinicians in our URAC-accredited facilities in the Philippines that operate in remote teams for our clients. We couple our clinical expertise with Six Sigma business experts and Robotic Process Automation to improve outcomes and lower costs.
We want our hospital clients to love contracting our international nurses as a part of their strategy to achieve an outstanding patient experience and an improved nurse retention plan. AND we want them to experience how meaningful it is to give an international nurse the opportunity to have a career in the U.S.
To do that, we have a team that is passionate about recruiting, credentialing, training, and leading international nurses from around the world to work in the U.S. One of our team members recently described her job working at Shearwater Health: “My work makes me feel like I am playing a part in changing the lives of our nurses, along with their families. This gives me a great amount of determination to work hard to make that difference that they all deserve.” And a client recently told us, “The experience of interviewing nurses in the Philippines is something that I loved and have always remembered.”
We are building an amazing team, and when you join this resourceful, enthusiastic, hard-working group, you will have:
• A competitive salary
• Health insurance
• 401(k) with match
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation and sick time
• The opportunity to stretch your wings and build your career in a rewarding, life changing, unforgettable way.