Are You the Right Fit?
Can you sell?
Are you entrepreneurial? Do you like to find new ways of doing things, solve new problems, and create new revenue streams?
Do international environments and building cultural connections intrigue you?
Do you want to change people’s lives, helping them to achieve more in their careers and for their families?
About the Position:
The Business Development Manager is responsible for supporting our growth in the United States by helping U.S. hospitals overcome the challenges of the nursing shortage. It is a dynamic role that includes developing new hospital business and growing existing hospital accounts. Because we are a versatile, fast-growing company, the position will also have an opportunity to support new product development and the development of new international relationships.
• A Bachelor’s degree
• At least 2 years of experience in a sales, sales support or account management role
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• An attention to Detail and organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to work independently and within a team
• Passion for international cultural environments
As the Business Development Manager you will:
• Present Shearwater Health’s value proposition to clients and prospective clients, building relationships with their Nurse Managers, HR representatives, and Chief Nursing Officers, in order to secure orders.
• Build relationships with existing clients to promote clinical relationships between Shearwater Health and nurse executives to understand facility needs and keep them apprised of progress of nurse delivery.
• Collaborate with Shearwater’s US and Philippines based personnel, and external partners, to match internationally experienced nurses to our healthcare clients to ensure a mutual fit.
• Implement new client accounts and manage customer expectations.
• Use client information to market opportunities to nurses.
About Our Culture:
We get to create a win-win-win scenario:
- We help hospitals achieve improved nurse staffing levels through the placement of caring, international nurses, and that creates a win for the patient.
- Our nurses care for patients passionately and competently, and that gives our client hospitals peace of mind, a win for them.
- Our international nurses have the opportunity to increase earning potential by more than 10x, this is a win for the nurse and the nurse’s family.
Our team considers it a tremendous privilege to participate in transforming lives in this way. This is more than a job, making it easy to get out of bed on a Monday morning!
We are a nimble team, with virtually no red tape and a keen interest in what is possible – we take risks, we try new initiatives, and we have been rewarded with significant growth.
Our people have the opportunity to take on new challenges in a way that is not available in most other companies. We value career development, and we achieve this not through emphasizing courses, certifications, and personality tests, but by giving our people an opportunity to lead, manage new projects, and get results.
Shearwater Health (formerly HCCA International) pursues a mission of improving healthcare outcomes globally. Founded in 1973, we have continually developed our clinical staff to meet the needs of healthcare providers, payers, and any company with needs that require skilled clinical experience.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, we credential, provide visa authorization for and employ international nurses at U.S. hospitals and partner with international hospitals and organizations to cultivate a supply of skilled nurses around the world. We also have over 1,700 clinicians in our URAC-accredited facilities in the Philippines that operate in remote teams for our clients. We couple our clinical expertise with Six Sigma business experts and Robotic Process Automation to improve outcomes and lower costs.
We want our hospital clients to love contracting our international nurses as a part of their strategy to achieve an outstanding patient experience and an improved nurse retention plan. AND we want them to experience how meaningful it is to give an international nurse the opportunity to have a career in the U.S.
To do that, we have a team that is passionate about recruiting, credentialing, training, and leading international nurses from around the world to work in the U.S.
One of our team members recently described her job working at Shearwater Health: “My work makes me feel like I am playing a part in changing the lives of our nurses, along with their families. This gives me a great amount of determination to work hard to make that difference that they all deserve.” And a client recently told us, “The experience of interviewing nurses in the Philippines is something that I loved and have always remembered.”
We are building an amazing team, and when you join this resourceful, enthusiastic, hard-working group, you will have:
• A competitive salary
• Health insurance
• 401(k) with match
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation and sick time
• The opportunity to stretch your wings and build your career in a rewarding, life changing, unforgettable way.